We know how it can be when learning something new. Overwhelming. Where to start?
Fear not — we’re here to help! We have introduced Sketch2React to many people during our approx 20 months of existence. Everything here is based on insights & feedback from those sessions.
What is Sketch2React?
Sketch2React is a tool and a framework that lets you build React powered websites & components straight from inside Sketch. Without plugins and only using built-in tools in Sketch. ??
In that we are totally unique — there is no single tool out there that does this. You never leave Sketch and you don’t rely on third party plugins that (sometimes) causes conflicts. ?
Sketch2React is at the moment a Mac-only design to code development environment. Of course, your exported code can be used anywhere so technically you can also work together with developers using Windows. But all the building and designing is done inside of Sketch app.
About Team Sketch2React
We’re a small team consisting of Fredrik Ward (developer) and Juan Maguid (designer).
In Sketch2React 2020 you:
- View in real-time what you are doing in Sketch
- Export to code (React or HTML)
- After export you get a React project based on Create React App or a HTML5 project.
Install all of these first
- Sketch app 68+ plus our assistant
- Sketch2React 2020, purchase it here
- Node.js & npm
- Code editor, we prefer the awesome free Visual Studio Code
That’s it! You are now ready to start building and designing React websites directly inside of Sketch!
What to do next?
- Start by doing these 5 very simple and very short video tutorials
- Read our short updated Quick Guide ?
- Download & study a couple of our free demo files containing lots of ready components
- We have a massive amount of free tutorials, most of them are under 10 minutes long
- Read our blog, it actually contains useful reads ??
- If you want to ask us any questions, the best thing is to join our Slack community, just promise to be nice ?
All the best ?
Juan, Team Sketch2React