Everyone loves automagical workflows, right? Things that get created in the background for you while you work. Well, we think you’re not going to be disappointed.
What started as a small bug fix grew and grew, and Fredrik now calls this release of Sketch2React nothing short of an avalanche of changes. He should know, he’s the one writing all the code.
Here are the most important new additions to the Sketch2React 2021 Beta:
- New Autogenerated CSS Styleguide
- New Artboard Explorer (shortcut for closing it is ESC)
- New Automagical HTML links between artboards
- New Documents side panel with the latest documents
A closer look at Styleguide
Our built-in CSS + CSS modules robots are hard at work in the background. They never complain, they never need coffee breaks and are a happy bunch.
Automagical HTML links in Sketch
Another thing worth bragging about is how much time you will save with our new automagical HTML link feature. Before this beta you always needed to manually add HTML links in Sketch like this:
- Use the Add Link to Artboard (W)
Now you just do this:
Big disclaimer, since no one reads release notes anyway
To pull off all the new, shiny things we have in this beta, we have rewritten a bunch of essential code. Not everything that works in the stable version of Sketch2React works in this beta. We will get there eventually, meanwhile have fun with this, don’t take it too seriously.
If you find something, just use our built-in Report an issue bug tracker. We would really appreciate it, and isn’t that the whole idea with betas anyway?
For those with a Sketch2React 2021 license
- Congrats, we love you
- Full access to all the new goodies, no restrictions in the beta app
- Just activate the beta as you did with our stable version, each license comes with four simultaneous activations, so you got plenty
For very curious human beings (no robots allowed)
- Only one artboard can be rendered out to code
- Only Styleguide is available as code export (CSS & CSS Modules)
- Features a slightly annoying banner
That’s it, we hope you’ll find this very entertaining indeed.
Love Team Sketch2React